Due to the real-life commitments (Army) and many other factors involved (procrastination is one), it has been a long time since I have updated this blog. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Anime Festival Asia 2009 or more commonly known as AFA 09.
Since many other blogs have already covered this topic, I shall do a summary instead to not bore you guys with all the nifty gritty details.
- Shoko Nakagawa – Japanese Idol and talent
- Ichirou Mizuki – Aniki of Anime music genre
- Yoshiki Fukuyama – JAM Project
- Live dubbing and Q & A session by K-ON! seiyuus – The cast will be doing a live dubbing of an scene from the anime itself plus Q & A session.
- ‘Live’ Performance by Hatsune Miku – Hopefully it looks some what like this.
- Regional Cosplay Championship – The top cosplay team from each South East Asian country will compete in AFA 09. which would be judged by a panel of distinguished guest from Japan including renowed cosplayer Kaname ☆.
- Danny Choo – Showcasing of ‘Mirai-chan’ related merchandise and speak at Animation Asia Conference (AAC) on Consumer Generated Media (CGM).
- Bandai World Gunpla Competition (30th Anniversary of Gundam)
- Moe Moe Kyun Maid Cafe - Maid cafe with moe moe maids.
- COSPA retail presence
- Showcaese by Tatsunoko Productions and MADOUSE studio
- Weiβ Schwarz Grand Prix (Anime Trading Card Game)
The Anime song performances will be split between the two days of the event. Ichirou Mizuki, Shoko Nakagawa and Hatsune Miku on day one while Yoshiki Fukuyama and May’n on day two. Concert tickets are priced at S$188 for two days and S$108 for one day, with the entry fee included. You can also purchase regular entry tickets to the event at S$25 for both days or S$15 for one.
It definitely looks like the event is growing, specially with the amount of performers and also industry items that will be bought in. Also, with the industry networking side that has expanded to a day of it’s own. I am actually rather excited at how this year’s event would turn out, but unfortunately have to give this year’s event a miss as I’d be overseas during the majority of November for an overseas exercise.
It is also appears inevitable that this blog will eventually turn into a lost memory in the dark internet sooner or later. Also, I will be selling away my doujins as an effort to save up for my university funds. Many of you guys have received my text message 2 weeks back regarding that matter and I’ll be posting them up as soon as I can.